Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Antsy Pants

I think I get way too excited about trips and vacations. Days in advance, I'll be thinking about nothing else but that event. I'll get out my scratch paper at work and write out my list of "things to do" or "things to buy" to get ready for the upcoming event. The night before, I won't be able to fall asleep and the morning of, I'll get up uncommonly early and wish it was time to go! This is happening to me right now.

I took off Friday to head north to stay at the cabin with my family. This year Adam's lady friend, Amy, is staying with us and my Aunt Amber too! This will be the third year (hard to believe) we've stayed at Sophie's Place. It's always so much fun and I've got photos from the past to prove it.

Dena and I were just discussing how excited we are that Amy is coming this year. We've never had a sister before (besides eachother of course, but, that doesn't count!). I'm really hoping for some quality time together. There will be shanghai played, of course! Aunt Amber has already made it clear that our practicing won't help us much when we're up against her! Regardless of whether Amber beats us at every game we play, I'm still really glad she's coming too!

So, now that you know how excited I am, I'll close with a photo from last year's stay.