Monday, April 14, 2008

Mid year resolution?

So, today is day #2 of exercising first thing in the morning. Mom & Dad got me The Biggest Loser workout DVD (upon my request) for Christmas and I haven't done much with it until now. It's actually a pretty cool workout - there are "easy" work-outs and more "difficult" work-outs. I'm starting with the "easy" one because I haven't been regularly exercising. I think I'm going to mix in some days of jogging too.

I've been an on-again, off-again exerciser the past few years. I've tried to eat better and exercise more - but, I didn't really know what to do. There are so many fad diets out there I get so confused. A friend of mine, who is a dietician, helped me understand the things I need to watch in my diet. And reading Amy's health blog is both great insight and a big motivator!

I've decided to cut pop out of my diet - only having it on special occasions. And staying away from coffee - I don't drink much of it, but, I do enjoy a Caramel Cooler a couple times a year and the occasional cup of coffee at work in the morning when I'm feeling dead. I've already cut a lot of sweets out of my diet - but, I tend to eat more junk food when I hang out with friends and family - why is eating junk so enjoyable?

10 comments:

Diane Baluczynski said...

'Cause it tastes good and when you're in a group, one tends to eat without thinking. Munch, munch!

Unknown said...

Day 3!

Dena said...

it's gonna be like 69 today. perfect weather for outdoor exercise!

Unknown said...

Currently completed day 6!

Unknown said...

You should run the EG 5k. It's a good motivator... at least for me.

Unknown said...

Yeah, I'm planning on it. Sarah, Laura, Dena and I ran it last summer!

ALS said...

Have you ever thought about running a marathon? If so, the Des Moines on is coming up next fall!!! :)

Unknown said...

Ooofta, a marathon? I don't know if I am that motivated. But it would be quite an accomplishment. :) Right now I am just going to focus on training for the 5K in Eagle Grove. Do you run, Amy? If so you should totally run the EG 5K with us this summer.

ALS said...

Oh yeah, I love to run! I've been out of shape a little from this looooong winter, but it's getting nice out. I was in XC in high school, and i've ran two half marathons so far. My goal was to try for the full this year, but a half is still really fun to do. Only 13.1 miles. :) 5ks are fun too. I might have to add that to my race entry for the spring/summer/fall.

Unknown said...

Ah yes, I was a XC runner too. But it's been 8 years since I ran competitively. I'd need some major training to run even a half marathon.